Thursday, October 29, 2009

Diorama


Kate has constructed her first diorama! She is beaming with pride, as you can see. What do you mean "what is it?" Clearly it's a lion cub, lounging at the mouth of a cool cave which is located in the African grasslands. That gray clump is a pond containing a fish. There's another gray clump in the sky that is a bee. I think it's a work of art and please do not leave as your comment, a link to that site where the guy goes into detail about he's better than my kid's art (Keith).

It's perfect. She carried it around all morning, showing it off to her old teachers at daycare and then walking slowly down the sidewalk into school so as not to trip and destroy it. Also, for better viewing by the public. Upon entry of the classroom, she set it down on the rug with everyone else's projects. It was quickly apparent that Kate was one of very few children who did her project herself. I don't care what you say, I'm sticking with that assessment.

Kate on her diorama -

This is a lion cub, he lives in the jungle, in the grasslands. His mother
is hunting right now, that's why she's not here. Lions eat zebras and
cantaloupes. I thought about doing T-Rex instead but he wouldn't fit in my
diorama.
*props to Ant Sue and Uncle Steve who helped with the construction of this magnificent piece.

4 comments:

Boomin' Granny said...

I think it is BEAUTIFUL!! But what do I know, I'm only a grandmother!

Keith said...

So she did the project herself, with help from an architect and an engineer?

Ashley said...

She did an awesome job! Rock on for letting her do it herself.

Boomin' Granny said...

Who is the engineer, Keith???