Sunday, December 05, 2010

Who ARE you? I must know!...

...Get used to disappointment.

We've commenced ta decoratin'! For quite some time now, the girls have been asking if they can go in the attic above the addition. Jeremiah had them convinced that a child-eating troll lives there, and they just had to see for themselves. So yesterday, when it was time to break out the Christmas decorations, there was much pleading regarding the attic. We decided it would be fine, and after Jeremiah cleared the troll out, he hoisted the children into the attic. They stood on the small section of floor space next to the HVAC unit, looking around.

"This is not what I expected", Kate commented. I wish the attic was more like whatever Kate expected.

Later, while I was putting the pine garland around the porch railings, I was caught up in the girls' enthusiasm for decorations and I sent Jeremiah to ACE Hardware for "lots more lights!" Kate joined him on that errand and when they pulled into the parking lot at ACE Kate said "I thought it would be taller. This isn't what I expected at all. That's the second time I've said that today."

Wait till Christmas morning, when she discovers Santa's only brought her new socks and underwear...

2 comments:

Uncle Steve said...

If Santa brings her flannel boxers 32 waist and she doesn't want them, I'll take 'em. My butt's cold today.

LMP said...

Well, she definitely not expecting any of that.