Saturday, March 17, 2012

Happy St Pat's Day!

I've never really bothered to learn much about it, so I have always been a bit confused by this whole "luck of the Irish" thing. A casual glance at their history makes me think it might have started ironically, but then went viral. Still, we've been very lucky so far today! The morning clouds cleared right out, and the sun is shining brightly and the air is unseasonably warm. It's treat day here, so we all walked to the Farmer's Market and indulged in some treats from one of our favorite bakers. Going home, we took long way around via the community garden. Jeremiah, Sarah and I all found 4-leaf clovers! I gave Kate mine, and she threaded it through the button hole of her overalls - now she's wearing some green.

I know it's been awhile since I've posted. The girls have been up to their usual - vacillating wildly between uber-sweet and monstrous. The other day, while Sarah was taking a bath, Kate went in and dumped cups of very cold water on her. They got water all over the bathroom. I considered breaking it up, but when I realized I'd be squelching what will certainly become a fond childhood memory for them both, I took a couple pictures instead. The bathroom is built to withstand a lot of water in places, anyway.

Now I must conduct a Reiki session, then get out into my garden, which is sorely in need of some compost and mulch. Also, the kids have gotten deadly quiet downstairs. Time to sign off here and carefully proceed down to undo whatever disaster is surely in the very quiet making.

No comments: