Friday, May 11, 2007

Pigtail generations

Here's Kate, nearly 3 in pigtails, in the chair that was made for me by my grandfather. Below her is me, already 3 in pigtails, sitting in the chair that belonged to my mother when she was little. As you can see, the world was a much darker place in the 70s. In fact, there is no picture of my own mother in pigtails in her mother's chair because back then, there was no light at all. OK, I made that up. Mom, I've seen a picture of you in pigtails somewhere, feel free to scan it and send it!




2 comments:

Boomin' Granny said...

The reason your picture is so much darker than Kate's is that it is much OLDER! The ink is fading. (just kidding).
I had so little hair when I was little that it took me until kindergarten or 1st grade to have enough hair to have pigtails! Yes, there are pictures. It will take a month of Sundays to find them--I'm SO organized!

FlapScrap said...

Holy smokes, those little pig-tailed girls in rocking chairs are sweeter'n Splenda. I just wanna squeeze they wittle knees and shake they pudgey wittle fists and just wuv wuv wuv 'em! I do! I weally do!