Thursday, November 26, 2009

The Kids Are Thankful for...

The girls climbed into bed with us this morning and snuggled in.  "Happy Thanksgiving!" Kate chirped.  We asked them what they're thankful for.

"Pancakes!" Sarah shouted.
Kate began, "I'm thankful for the award my teacher gave me for my diorama, my dance teacher, not living in an orphanage, corn, my DVDs [she is actually still listing these out individually as I write this], chiropractors, dresses..."

The list continues.  Poor Sarah, we didn't even make pancakes this morning.

3 comments:

Keith said...

Meanwhile, Sarah sits and fumes silently, thinking, "Why didn't I say 'America'? We practiced this. PANCAKES?!?!"

LMP said...

We're totally taking her out for pancakes this morning. Because we can. Because this is America.

FlapScrap said...

Panama took back its canal, so I call them freecakes. Plus, if I eat too many, I get freak aches.