Sunday, December 06, 2009

Frog Princesses

When we skipped gymnastics the other week in order to attend the big Disney hoo-ha for the Frog Princess, we won passes to skip gymnastics yet again, and go to a pre-opening screening of the movie, preceded by a festival of sorts.  It started at 9AM yesterday.  Let me tell you something, to be in Atlantic Station by 9AM in order to be surrounded by a bunch of squealing princesses is too much for me.  Holy crap, what a scene.

We'd planned to feed everyone a big ol' bowl of oatmeal prior to this shindig.  I scooped out the very last of my rolled oats and let the cooking begin.  Then I picked up my oats container to wash it.  When I looked in the bottom, I noticed it was moving.  The floor of the container was teeming with wiggly little bugs.  So.  That was horrifying.  The girls ate waffles, but I only managed to dig up about 1/4 cup of cereal and Jeremiah ate nothing.  All those princesses on an empty stomach...


The girls had a wonderful time.  They were so very excited they couldn't stop giggling and bouncing.  They bounce a lot.  They made "froggy in the water" cupcakes, listened to Miss Georgia Peach read Pinkalicious (you can tell she'd never read it before) and Sarah got a make-over. 

The movie was delightful, though.  A nice story with good music and a truly frightening villain.  I know my old co-worker who was from Haiti and studied religions of the world would have been highly offended by the treatment of Voodoo (as always) as nothing but dark arts and witchcraft, but hey, black princess! 

Most importantly, the girls are both in the AJC this morning. 

5 comments:

Aunt So-So said...

Disney hoo-ha? Nice. Those photos in the Journal are so awesome.

Keith said...

I bet that if Kate or Sarah walk past a camera, it automatically takes a really good picture.

LMP said...

Most pictures of Sarah are really close up and a bit blurry because she's running toward the photographer saying "I wanna see!"

Aunt So-So said...

Wow. Remember when you had to wait until the film got developed to see the photo? Remember doubles?

LMP said...

Glossy or mat?