Saturday, December 12, 2009

The Tree, but Not Much Else, Gets Decked

When I was growing up, we took turns each year putting the star on top of the Christmas tree. I have pictures of tiny me on my mom's shoulders placing the star. This was Kate's year.

It took me awhile to get all the lights on the tree. I always do the lights because I'm a bit of a psycho-control-monster about them. It's not my fault. I'm certain it's genetic, Dad. While waiting for me to finish up the proper light placement (what?!? It matters) the girls decorated Jeremiah instead.


I finally got the Christmas village set up out of kid and pet reach. Eventually the rest of the house will get decorated...probably just before it's time to take all the decorations down. Oh well.

2 comments:

The Plaid Sheep said...

You're way ahead of anyone I know. I did do my Xmas cards but that's only 'cause I had some left from last year.

Aunt So-So said...

We did too! We finished all our Xmas cards this year with leftovers and still have one card left. Jeremiah looks funny in this picture...kind of like he just got decked in the halls.