Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Happy Birthday, Jeremiah!

There he is, the man of the hour! My main squeeze. Doesn't he look wise? This morning I woke him with a kiss and pointed out a gray hair. He's lucky to have me. The girls presented him with the gifts they'd selected for him off his 12-page Amazon.com wishlist. Kate picked out the cards from both her and Sarah. The one from Kate has a beautiful fairy princess on it and talks about how glamorous the card's recipient is. She saw it and thought of her Daddy immediately. Then she picked out gift bags that play music. She played the gift bags over and over until I managed to wrench them free of her grasp and hide them.

We took the day off together to celebrate the anniversary of his birth. We took those kids we made together to daycare and headed out for some kid-free fun. Jeremiah wanted to see Iron Man which was fine, I wanted to see it too, but we really needed to enjoy at least some of the beautiful day outside. So, we biked to Atlantic Station and saw the movie there. We left early, stopped at the Flying Biscuit for breakfast on the way, and took a leisurely ride through town and Piedmont Park. When we left the movie it was about 3PM, and hot as Georgia asphalt. I know this, because we were on Georgia asphalt. Still, it was a lot of fun.

Later, while Jeremiah was grilling his own birthday meal, I set up the gift I built for him with my very own hands (and Steve's tools and...actually, a fair amount of help from Steve on those folding legs. But only because I am not to be trusted with a jigsaw). Here it is! It's a fabulous new grill table. Have grill table will travel - yes, it folds up and can be carried around by that handle you see there on the front. It's pure cedar! No additives. Yesterday it received a final sanding and was oiled. He seems pretty happy with it but I can tell he wishes I'd gotten him a gift card for iTunes.


Happy Birthday my love! I'm so very glad you were born.

8 comments:

Keith said...

My GOD, I can't remember birthdays. WTF is wrong with me? Am I getting old and losing my memory? Jeez. I better work on some of those memory games or something.

Brooklyn Volunteer said...

Happy Birthday, glamorous you Jeremiah!!!

Laura

Chaotic Joy said...

Oh! Biking through Piedmont Park. The Flying Biscuit. (Drool) Atlantic Station. Makes me want to live in the city. Happy Birthday to Jeremiah. How was the movie?

LMP said...

The movie was great! I can't wait for the next one - it was very clearly a prequil. If you go see it - stay through ALL the credits. I advise this for all movies, but this one rewards you for doing so.

*pal said...

Happy Birthday, dear friend! xoxo (oh, and NICE JOB, L, on the grill table...)

Anonymous said...

germia suks budder from the asses of wartsows may a stapler fall on him hap berday.

The Plaid Sheep said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Plaid Sheep said...

I am a loser and a bad friend who forgot to wish him a happy birthday on time. Give him a hug from me, okay?