Saturday, February 17, 2007

Attention Grampy Provost

Kate is lying on the couch in her undies watching Mary Poppins and belting out "Let's Go Fly a Kite" in between telling me "they're going outside to fly a kite, mommy!" I have promised her that her kite-enthusiast grandfather will go fly a kite with her at the beach this July. I know that this will be an enormous sacrifice on your part, dad, but sometimes we just have to do these things. Besides, hearing her sing "up through the atmosphere, up where the air is clear!" will surely make it worth it.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Come on 'Dad', you know you want to do it...

Anonymous said...

Stop resisting, 'Dad'! It's no use at all!

Keith said...

I don't think he really knows how to fly a kite! I think he's a PHONY KITE FLYER!

Uncle Steve said...

I have a kite. 'Dad' gave it to me and said he wanted me to have it because he likes me best. But I wont take Kate on her first kite-flying expedition; that's a Grampa thing to do. However, Grampa, July is a very long time away for a pretty little girl to wait. And just so you know, Atlanta's Piedmont Park has a good kite-flying breeze in the Springtime. Just sayin'. Besides, I can't take Kate to fly my kite; it takes two hands to work it. How would I hold my beer?

Keith said...

You don't have Kate holding your beer for you yet?

LMP said...

YOu really can't trust Kate with your beer.