Sunday, February 17, 2008

A few good apples

By Friday had peeled myself from my bed, showered and gone to work. I survived the entire day but not without a couple 800mg tablets of ibuprofen sprinkled in there. Saturday, I was well enough to have cabin fever but still weak as a kitten, so the walk with Kate to the park and back wiped me out. The house...the house is unspeakably filthy. Laundry threatened to take over our entire bedroom and the dog...oh the filth on that creature.

There was only one thing to do. Sit on the front porch, away from the squalor, blow bubbles and eat apples. It was a beautiful day and smelled decidedly better outside so there we sat. Until it got dark and cooled to an uncomfortable temperature. All that avoiding of our chores reminded me how much a love a good front porch. Until this morning, when the house had not cleaned itself. That was kind of a let down. But those were some sweet apples.

4 comments:

The Plaid Sheep said...

Mmmmm, apples...
I'm glad you're feeling a bit better. Can you believe it's going to be 60 here today? Makes me wish I had a front porch of my own.

karen said...

Sarah and Kate are so serious about their apples! Looks like a great day to hang outside and enjoy a snack.

@plaid sheep: You can come hang on our porch anytime you like. We even have some apples in the 'fridge. :)

FlapScrap said...

Did you wash those apples, you squalid, feculent miasma?

-TBAADDC

Keith said...

Why Ren! You're all sticky with filth!

Glad you're feeling better, and not only because your a little bit of a pain in the old pa-tootie when you're sick. Little bit of a whiner!