Saturday, August 08, 2009

Saturday Morning Vingettes

Kate is seated with her little drawing/writing tablet that erases. She begins aloud:

Kate: This is going to awkward because she's standing right here. I wanted to watch a movie and she wouldn't let me. I wanted to play a game and she wouldn't let me.

Me: What? I tried to get you to play Memory with Sarah and me!

Kate: [ignoring me] I wanted to go outside and she wouldn't let me.

Me: I told you to go outside! It's beautiful out! Maybe you should go outside right now.

Kate: [still ignoring me, continues writing] I wanted to put a puzzle together and she wouldn't let me.

Me: You're outta line, Drueke.

Kate: I wanted something to eat and she wouldn't feed -

Me: WHAT? Who made you that waffle with Nutella?!? Who got you a glass of milk?

Kate: [Looks at me impassively, blinks, falls silent but continues writing].

************************************************************************************

Later that same morning.

I am in the bathroom brushing my teeth when I hear a yell from the kitchen.

Sarah: Sorry mommy!

I stop brushing and stand as still as a deer in headlights. Then I spit out the toothpaste.

Me: Sorry for what?

Sarah: Sorry I had an accident on Kate's book bag.

**********************************************************************************

Aftermath. Kate is still writing on her tablet. She walks her falsified report over to me.

Kate: See mommy? I drew a heart. It says I love you. Even though you won't let me watch a movie.

5 comments:

Sister K said...

sounds like it's time for the theater w/ all that drama!!! lol....at least she's expressing her thoughts? :)

LMP said...

Expressing her thoughts was never something with which Kate had trouble, that's for sure.

Keith said...

Who the hell are you, Ayn "Mommy Freakin' Dearest" Rand?

sunglasseshurtmynose said...

Am I to understand that Sarah peed on Kate's backpack? Awesome.
WV: gnompal - I like gnomes.

LMP said...

Yes, Sarah peed on Kate's backpack. This, I suspect, was no "accident".