Sunday, December 03, 2006

Hey, who launched the space the shuttle?

The other night I got up with Sarah around 2:00AM. While I was up, I could've sworn I heard the dishwasher begin its cycle. "That's odd" I thought "I don't remember thinking it was full. Guess Jeremiah decided it was". In the light of day, it became apparent that the dishwasher had run without any soap in it. Jeremiah pleaded innocence. That left one likely suspect, I ruminated while glancing over my sweaty, sort of rinsed off dishes.

Today while I was making dinner, Kate was running circles around the kitchen on her tiptoes. She does that. It's weird. Anyway, I noticed she stopped in front of the dishwasher. "Not to worry!" I told myself "the door is open. None of the buttons work when it's not shut tight". I watched her out of the corner of my eye. She pushed a few buttons, none of which made their usual gleeful "beep" followed by beaming a tiny fluorescent light. She paused. Then she pushed the door with all her might. It locked. She proceeded to program it to run a Crystal Cycle (who washes their crystal in the dishwasher?) in 6 hours. Then she skittered away on her tiptoes. Before bed I gave her a stern talking-to about always putting soap in the dishwasher before running it. Don't worry, I was very specific about which soap to use.

No comments: