Saturday, March 29, 2008

Kate received a tent that fits over her bed from Santa this past Christmas. A mere 3 months later the thing was completely falling apart. There was only one thing to do. From Eddie Bauer we went to Sleeping Beauty. Of course. It required us to do some rearranging in the bedroom, which suited Sarah just fine, as it granted her better access to the Hello Kitty CD player. Big button-pusher, that Sarah. The entire change was greeted with general merriment.

Well, mostly. Lola didn't really care at all.

At around 9:00, a couple hours after setting up the princess bed, we heard Kate wailing. I ran up to see what was the cause. I found her buried in gauzy pink, the satiny canopy of the princess bed atop her whimpering head. It looked something like this:

She was positively devastated, so I made every effort not to laugh at the sight of her. I unearthed her, all damp with tears, and did a temporary safety pin fix to the cheapass piece of crap canopy, hung it back up and soothed her royal highness back to sleep. I will have to sew a patch and a reinforced loop into that thing and hope for the best, but princesses of this age seem to have some difficulty understanding "stop pulling on that thing!" This is likely to end badly.

6 comments:

FlapScrap said...

If you want her to stop pulling the curtains, it's simple. I'm Child Behaviorcorrectionist Llyle Kuntzler, and I've been tweaking mal-adjusted children for over eleven months. Your child will listen to you again if you just use my patent-applied-for system, Esteem Schmesteem, the Toddlers Toe The Line Segment.

Your story has so moved me that I am willing to offer you and your readers some Kuntzler Kounsel, at no cost: Tell the child that the curtains will burn her if she touches them, because they're full of poison. And the police will arrest her.

For information on ordering my book, "Pancakes? No!", visit my website:
KuntlerKidKounsel.com

sunglasseshurtmynose said...

You have invented a brilliant kid capturing device. Now you should work on a cannon-fired version for those tots who are extra tricky.

sunglasseshurtmynose said...

I love leaving comments for the Blogger Word Verification. This time it's "shtbvy." That's a bevy something.

Keith said...

We also do all our shopping our kids at recallsrus.com

LMP said...

Hmmm...probably should've posted this over at Worst. Mama. Ever, now that you mention it.

Uncle Steve said...

Hell, might as well as well have hung up a noose than put that dangerous thing up there. Just sayin'...