Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Mary Mary Quite Contrary

When I wasn't actively playing with the children while on vacation, I was blatantly neglecting them so I could play in the dirt instead. I tried to get them to help me, but they were only interested in playing with the hose.

Anyway, things got a little out of control and I've planted a ton of stuff now. This garden is in its infancy and indeed, many of the new beds aren't even completed. I made them from found objects in my yard, because I am incredibly cheap and my yard is full of crap one can use to define garden space. Here's how it looks today. If all goes well, stay tuned for happy photos of future garden plumage. Fingers crossed...

Up close stuff (we got a little out of control at the Community Garden plant sale on Friday. They were wise to serve booze...)

Hi ho silver thyme! I have a small spot near Jeremiah's Man Space in which I'm using thyme as a ground cover. So far so good.Sweet marjoram, smells fantastic.Baby phlox. Grow baby phlox, grow!
The enchanted and enticingly fragrant curry plant forest.The beginnings of a shade garden.From a distance -



There are also some veggies and strawberries. I have a healthy-looking blueberry bush going that I planted last fall but can't seem to adequately photograph, too. There are some tomatoes, edamame, mammoth jalapenos, chili peppers, sweet peppers, broccoli, arugula, spinach and...I think that's it so far, all out there with high hopes.

No comments: