Monday, October 27, 2008

Party Prep, in which Kate makes a shocking pronouncement

After insisting on showering with me, and then insisting I put her hair up in a towel like mine, Kate lounges on the bed in the guest room, hemming and hawing about which Halloween-themed shirt she wants to wear to Margaret's birthday party at Leaping Lizards. In this phone-photo, Kate has just said to me "I'm going with the black one. And I want to wear it with pants. I love pants." I was able to find a pair that happened to go with a sassy shirt-no-dress-well-maybe-just-a-shirt thing that Grandma and Grandpa Drueke sent for her birthday this year. She owns 2 other pairs of pants, one of which she has never worn. In other Bizarro news, Sarah has informed us that her favorite color is pink.



4 comments:

Boomin' Granny said...

That is VERY shocking news!! She LOVES pants??? WOW!!! We were there when you tried to talk her into PANTS, I thought her world would probably end!
Pink is not as shocking, in fact I would expect pink, it's genetic.

Unknown said...

pinK huh? well, it is breast cancer awareness month ya know :) i hope loving pants doesn't mean kate'll go out of her princess phase! :)

LMP said...

We're thinking that even if she ends up wearing the occasional pantsuit, Kate will never grow out of her princess stage. We fully expect that by college she WILL be Miss Yvonne, The Most Beautiful Woman in Puppet Land.

jdrueke said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPpX8o6qmYM