Sunday, October 12, 2008

Pumpkin Patch Kids

Pick me! Pick me!

Yesterday we went to the Oakhurst Arts Festival. Jeremiah put his foot down on bringing the camera, stating he just wanted to do one thing that didn't involve toting the camera around. I concurred. We were there for 5 hours, we had a great time and when we got home Jeremiah said he wished we had pictures. So today, when we went up to North Georgia, to Burt's Farm, the camera came along. We got so many great pictures that I should really just link you to a Flickr page, but I've forgotten my Flickr account info so I'll post a few right here.

We were joined at the farm by Kate & Sarah's good friends Catherine and Margaret and later more good friends, Ella and Henry. There were pumpkins of all sizes and shapes, apple cider and hay rides. We thought surely the kids would sleep all the way home but instead they sang at the tops of their lungs when they weren't screaming at each other to be quiet.

At first, it seemed, the girls had confused the selection of pumpkins for Halloween with an Easter egg hunt. They ran among the pumpkins picking up every single one they could lift and insisting we put it in the wheel barrow. The daddies hurriedly removed the pumpkins as the children collected them. High comedy.
Once the novelty of collecting the pumpkins wore off they took to climbing them. We told them if they could get those giant pumpkins to the cars they could take them home. That declaration was followed by some entertaining Sisyphus action.


The line for the hayride was obscene. At first we thought it would be too unbearable, but then we decided it would be pretty awful to drag the kids an hour and a half out of town and not let them take the hayride. So we got our tickets (there's a long line for that, too) and decided if the wait became too terrible we'd scalp them for our spot in line. The wait wasn't all that bad, though, and by the time we were getting in line we'd found Ella and Henry, so we could be sure that the coup de grace would be shared by all.

7 comments:

Chaotic Joy said...

We've been meaning and meaning to go to Burts but have never made it. We always end up at a patch near Athens. Clara has that same orange striped cat shirt from Target. :)

Keith said...

'scuse me, is this the line for the hayride, or is it the line to get the tickets for the hayride?



Had to wikipedia Sisyphus. I've brought shame down upon my family.

karen said...

I love the pumpkin in the top picture that looks like it has a little troll for a stem! Pick me, indeed...

Lady Epiphany said...

Lindsay also has the same orange striped cat shirt from Target :) She calls it her "Catty Shirt".

Anonymous said...

What? Nobody has the pink sparkly skull and cross bones with a tiara like Kake is sporting?

LMP said...

Yeah, I have a catty shirt, too. It came with matching gloves but you'll never see me wear them together because when I'm in my catty shirt, the gloves are OFF.

Aunt So-So said...

HEY-oh!