Monday, October 20, 2008

Pasta for Dinner - UPDATED

Our camera is not working! I can't tell you how sad this makes me. It's flashing an unfamiliar error symbol and Jeremiah hasn't had time to investigate his owner's manual. So, sadly, we were only able to snap a photo of Kate making homemade pasta with me yesterday on my phone. On a happier note, Jeremiah did tape a portion of it on the video camera and we must now figure out how to use iFilm. Or whatever that Apple product is. We'll get there. Eventually. Sarah did some fantastic work earlier but she's got a real Michigan J. Frog thing going on when asked to perform. So, anyway, until we figure out the video - here's Kate cranking out some cannelloni.

UPDATES UPDATES UPDATES UPDATES UPDATES UPDATES (etc.)

Here's the video. It's over 6 minutes long, and for those of you to whom these children do not belong, that's 6 excruciating minutes...but trying to figure out iMovie (that's what it's called!) in the few minutes I had between thinking it sounded fun and completely losing patience was just too difficult, so you're getting the whole thing instead of the one-minute version I thought more appropriate for the blogging public. So, if Kate & Sarah are your nieces or grandchildren or if you're at work and just trying to get fired, this is a movie for you! Also, I should warn you, since I agreed to the terms and conditions set forth by Blogger - there is nudity in this film. It's artsy, though, so I think it's alright.

7 comments:

FlapScrap said...

Her fazool looks good but how's her gravy?

LMP said...

Oh, you don't want to eat her gravy.

Boomin' Granny said...

Leave her alone, she looks like a professional!!
A VERY cute one...

FlapScrap said...

Grammy's French and she's eccentric
Still your meat sauce tastes authentic
Diarrhea, uhn uhn
Diarrhea

Aunt So-So said...

I endured...I mean enjoyed all six minutes, and I thought the nudity was very tasteful and was necessary for the story. Two thumbs up.

Boomin' Granny said...

Flapscrap, don't you have some blogging of your OWN to catch up on??
Two thumbs up from unbiased me. No problem with the nudity, it definitely was necessary for the story line.
The wonder of it all is the patience of the parents--it must be due to the cuteness of the stars!
Encore, encore!!

Uncle Steve said...

Worst. Movie. Ever!

The ending was totally weak. And that little kid should have never taken the role of "Sarah"; the character was way underdeveloped, and it didn't help that she delivered her lines like a 2-year old. NOT Best Supporting Actress material...

The actress playing the role of "Mom" was adequate as the story's antagonist; her controlling and patronizing demeanor was somewhat convincing.

"Kate" was the only highpoint in this feature, but even so the actress seemed somewhat disinterested - clearly this was just a 'filler' project until the next Big Thing.

Don't even get me started on the technical aspects of the film. I'll put it this way, I'm pretty sure I could hear the cameraman mumbling through the whole movie.
Amateurish at best.