Monday, November 27, 2006

Photo Op

I was trying to get a shot of Kate and Sarah together the other day. Sarah had been having tummy time on the bed, an event that led, predictably, to a small pile of spit-up on the provided blanket. Kate got up on the bed with Sarah but refused to touch her. Through a good bit of insistent babble accompanied by head shaking, pointing and disgusted glances at the baby, I made out that she was grossed out by the baby puke and fully expected Sarah to puke on her if she got close enough. So much for the sweet hug I was hoping to capture on film. Gotta hand it to Kate, though, she's pretty observant.

This morning I brought Sarah to bed when she awoke (from her nap after her 4AM breakfast) at 6:00. We had the day off and I was going to sleep in late (7:00) if I had to lay in my bed with a screaming infant. She snoozed happily, though, and remained in that state when I went up to get the chatty, happy Kate (who had gone ahead and removed her nasty diaper for me). When I came back downstairs with Kate she was very excited to see Sarah. She got up on the bed, laid down next to her, gently stroked Sarah's fuzzy little head (impossible to resist), and then sweetly kissed her sister on the cheek. The camera was nowhere to be seen. You'll have to trust me on this one.

1 comment:

Sephyroth said...

Just thought I'd say hi as I'm trying to visit and comment on as many of the NaBloPoMo blogs as I can. :)

It always turns out that way; you prepare for something with a camera and it doesn't happen, yet the minute you put the camera away, it happens. :)